Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening Gents. :lol:

Me again...

My Silver shadow has an issue with the seats, the motor on the Driver seat had seized, after a quick going over with some contact cleaner and spray grease it's working again, however i find the seat doesn't quite go far enough back, my main issue is height i'm 6"8 peak 39in inseam, and with the seat all the way back, my knees are in the dash, has anyone had luck with re mounting the seats further back?

Mine have to come out to mend the floor boards, and i was thinking about doing them then.. :)

Any ideas gents?

H

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not as tall as you at 6'1" and when I got my car I was a bit shocked at the lack of space. My seat is all the way down and all the way back and I feel as though the steering wheel is in my lap, not quite having the knee problem you describe.
That said, I see no reason why you couldn't move the whole contraption back a bit, just wondering how the seat belt and door pillar mount may be affected as far as seat belt fit over the human driving.

I'm sure there is something that could be done.

Jon

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I put a new floor panel in my Shadow 11, I took out the seat extensions that had been fitted to the existing seat floor mounts.

These have been lying around for quite some time so condition is rough.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts