Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the batteries in my seat memory ECU's and all was functioning fine. Now the memory has quit working in the driver seat. Seat works fine manually. I wonder if I haven't gotten all the connections re-assembled properly. If I can't get it to work, I will probably swap the one on the passenger seat as it is working fine. Price for a new one here is $1037.00!! :shock: Does anyone know of a place that rebuilds the ECU's?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped the memory ECUs and now they both work. Go figure! I'll call it repaired for now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another strange one. On a trip to see my tax man today and the cruise would not engage. The ECU was replaced about 3 years ago. When I got to his office I checked the fuse, which is also for the brakelights and reverse lights. It looked good, but I replaced it with a new one anyway. On the trip home it all worked fine! I tested the fuse and it also tested OK. These cars have some weird issues, but of course she is still my baby, even though very eccentric.

·
Administrator
513 Posts
That reminds me of a problem I had with a BMW. I'd start the car and the lights, radio, sunroof, windows and wipers would all be dead. Drive for about 10 minutes and BOOM everything started at once. Not great when its raining.

Fought with this problem for about 6 months. Turned out it was the fusible link hidden in the back under the rear seat.

Spend $1.25 and everything is perfect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick question: Where was the ECU that had the batteries you replaced? I have an '88 Corniche and the under seat ECU (labeled Positrol) doesn't appear to have any batteries to be replaced! Is there another ECU elsewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
fencera said:
Quick question: Where was the ECU that had the batteries you replaced? I have an '88 Corniche and the under seat ECU (labeled Positrol) doesn't appear to have any batteries to be replaced! Is there another ECU elsewhere?

Thanks!
I have the same interest; I have a Silver Spur II.
Many thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
On mine, a 97 turbo R, the batteries are under the seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts