Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since putting new pads on front (admittedly Mercedes bits that match and not Bentley OEM) I've got a screeching noise when coming to a stop.

It only starts after driving for 10 minutes or so, and seems to be loudest as the car nears its final stopping. That is, when it is going it's slowest.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Did you clean, replace the pins and lube the caliper where the pad slides?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Stirling assume your car as a 97 has the 340mm big brakes. I similarly have tried MB oem pads as noted in substitute parts with limited success. While they are the same dimensional shape they are notably thicker than the originals and in my mind this is what partly causes them to bind and screech.
I chamfered the Mb edges and cut in a vertical mid pad slot to no avail.
Since switching to apec1901 I’ve had no issues. The apec replacements have the correct fittings for the wear sensors and v similar anti rattle pads.
hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Original ATE pads and you should have no noise, except if the Mercedes have modify rotor surface or if they are too much marked and used

Frankly this is a mistake to put those Mercedes pads who are indeed different and have also no wear sensor.
Price for original is indeed cheaper than what it was.

The member who did that wanted to sell fast his car without putting money in it and had a Mercedes W126 .
He would have put any pads cheap to sell his car without investing..
I know the story from another source as he was french...

Very bad and dangerous recommandation which should not be continued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts