Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, well I guessed I feared it might happen - today it did.

Some charming little soul has gouged a line from the rear wing to the front wing on the passenger side of the car.

On the basis that I suspect this will not be the last time it happens, I cannot simply get the side of the car re-sprayed each time - so what is the usual way of dealing with these sorts of incidents?

Touch-up pens? Touch-up pens and coloured T-cut?

Also, if someone can suggest where to buy said touch-up paints that would be really welcome.

Dissapointing result but that's Wellingborough for you I guess :)

Mark

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was - but on the road side of the car oddly - so possibly someone leaning out the passenger side of a car as their mate drove it.

Thankfully only down to the white primer and NOT the bare metal - but even so, I'm not exactly thrilled.

Annoying but the angle was wrong for it be picked up by the house camera - though that angle will be changed tomorrow.

I have heard of something called Langka which apprently means using a touch-up pen can appear "blob free".

The only consolation is that the car has remained unhurt for about 6 weeks - so I do not think it is a local moron with a grudge - just a passing-by git :)

Heh ho :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guy, That sucks!!! I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but I do my best to keep it out of public view at night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
In 10 years I have my car, never anyone has been nasty enough to scratch it until.... my son :shock: did it!!

Instead of playing with his toys, he found nothing more amusing to see the effect of a stone on the boot and rear wings. I have now about 20 X marks. I have used a good polish and thankfully this is hardly noticeable now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Garage?

LOL - I would be happ to have a drive way :)

I live in a street with terraced houses - a reasonableish part of town but no garages around. Most folks in the area are amiable sorts - but a few of the local kids I think like to scratch cars if there are no cats to insert fireworks into.

I have ordered some paint of the right brew Colour 95-10-457 and some langka - apparently good at removing "blobs" from touch up pens to such a degree that the paintjob almost appears perfect. If the product is any good, I will report back - it will be quite a test for it.

Making the surveillance outside the front of the house a little more obvious too - either it will put them off OR I will at least have a face to pass around.

On the plus side, the engine seem to be happier each time I take her for a spin, I am hoping that the tiny amount of acetone I am putting in the tank is cleaning out the carb. (have done this before on other cars - about 0.2% concentration only) and it seems to work better than the proprietary brands of carb / injector cleaner - and costs about less than £1 a pint!

I'm wondering ow if there is a really simple little "proximity sensor" circuit that sounds a warning beep if someone gets too close to the car - I know they are a feature of expensive car alarms, but I just want that feature alone. Have to dog out my little circuit books :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that link, I will think about that. I am havnig a proximity sensor added to the alarm / immob shortly, so hopefully it will make it harder for them to do it again.

Another bit of possibly good news is that the scratch was dnoe earlier than I thought - which meansif quite probably was NOT done outside my home - even though that is when it was first spotted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello everybody!

Speaking of alarm system devices I have a question as to
how is a RR vehicle equipped with factory defaults?

I have two devices built in my my that I have no description of.
One is deactivated, the other is working.

The unplugged one consists visibly of a platic container with a
metal key plugged in. Is this factory built?

On the photo it's hardly seen, I don't have a better one now.
It's on top of the picture - easily seen only the cable unplugged
next to the left suspension dome.

What kind of system is it an HOW does this device work?

Greets from Munich, JimKnopf

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, you have nothing to worry about, there is nothing unplugged and is factory built. This is part of the Fuel System & Exhaust Emission Control System. On my car it is the same fitting. The part number is UE 43293 or UE 43292 if your car was originally for the Australian Market.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello!

You were probably looking at something else than the cable that
I was talking about. in this pic I have marked the unplugged cable
and the device, that I don't know anything about.

The device in the right circle is deactivated, since it is definitely
unplugged/disconnected. Does anyone know any detail about is?
Thank you!

Greetings from Munich, JimKnopf

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi, sorry for the delay. I had a chance to look at it and this does not exist on my car. The wire on mine is not cut at all and is linked onto the headlights and the light on the bonnet (when opened). Regarding that other part, it also does not exist on my car so I cannot help you either. Was this car originally made for Europe or does it come from a country like Australia or USA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Origin of car

HI!

My car was built for and delivered in England. It belonged to the (ex)wife of a well known arms dealer.

Greets, JimKnopf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Silver Dawn 98

Sorry to hear of the scratched bodywork, If you need makers paint you may want to try Flying Spares on 01455 292949, on the Web www.flyingspares.com based in Market Bosworth UK they can get most original paints and spares. There are a couple of National Scratch Repair Companies, I'm sorry I can't lay my hands on this info, but, they must be in Yellow Pages. Good Luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts