Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...

This is an appeal to the all in relation to SBI Electronic Engineering, for over a year, this company has been repairing 2 seat ECU's and are now currently not answering emails since the end of July....

Does anyone have a telephone number or another means of contact other than email and the postal address

Thank you in advance for any thoughts, comments, next actions...

Ian Andrew Brill

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have no interest in none of those companies, but I know part of the story of SBI and will not recommend it...
If they have your ECU for one year, that is a bad sign.
If they do not reply anymore to you, that's very annoying.

You should have been directly to the one who worked for Crewe for 40 years or more

Now you have the choice between the one from Kelly and this one.

This kind of company is a treasure for RR/Bentley owners.
Maybe they have extra ECU for you, ask them.

You could always tell them your story, see if they know what's happening with SBI, because they used to know well SBI ...
Not sure they will reply you on the topic, but that's the only way I know to try to know what's going on with this special company SBI...

[email protected]

Bowling Engineering Ltd,
Unit 5 Fishbrook Ind Est,
Stoneclough Road,
Kearsley,
Bolton BL4 8NF
Tel 01204 862500.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jean,

Thank you for take the time to share your comments and thoughts, through several other avenues, similar comment have been made known.

A private note has been sent to the gentlemen of Bowling Engineering, I will see if they can provide a better insight as to the status of SBI...., hopefully if we have enough people involved we can find a solution

Ian Brill

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Great, keep us update,
Yes, those situation have to be known to avoid others disorder.

Bad experiences / companies should be mentionned as the good ones.

DO not hesitate to call Bowling and talk with Graham or John, they are extremely reliable, serious, efficient.
John has been working directly for Crewe for more than 30 years, he has a laboratory to check every functions of ECU ( seats,, miror...) .
Moreover he is the last one to have parts no more available, such as chips....processors....
They can repair ECU with serious dammages such as battery leaks, burnt....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jean

I have spoken to the gentlemen at Bowling yesturday, the comments on SBI-EE where not encouraging in anyway..., there was mention of multiple cases of customers having to have ECU's repaired 'again' after dealing with SBI-EE

Another seat ECU has been sourced and will be sent to Bowling for repair and refurbishment in the next few days....

Meanwhile, I am in discussion with a barrister on what legal steps can be taken....

Ian Brill

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Glad you heard from them some truthes that I knew....and there would be much more to say.....
You are in excellent hads now for your ECU issue, of course try to get yours back from SBI...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's an interesting world and very interconnected, through various groups a house address has been flagged...., little by little, we'll get a resolution....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SBI-Electronic Engineering Update

The reason for writting SBI-Electronic Engineering on each post is to help drive search engines....

Recieved a few emails this week..., with explaination's as to where we are in the repair progress...., I have requested a timeline agreement between us on when we should decide to throw the towel in and move on.....

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If I were you, and will ask for Immediate return not repaired.

If those ECU are baddly repaired, your car could burn, there is all the seat engine power going on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I have searched SBI Electric Engineering and got here.
Sent D.P.I unit long time ago (months) and now they are ignoring my emails.

Actually mine was raped by a shop in Japan already but if they can't fix it, they should return it to me.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Thank you, its important to relate experience , because it's the msoit reliable advertisement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope this update may help. Emailed SBI EE on 14.08 2020 and got a reply From Simon Bates to send my Rolls seat ECU to 4 Darley Ave Farnworth Bolton BL4 7RU Royal mail failed to deliver my parcel but he collected it from the Royal mail depot the next day. Since then have had no contact or reply to numerus E Mails It appears that this is a deliberate case of fraud which i will have to take further. Will keep you all posted with any further details His last E Mail address is [email protected]

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had my seat ECUs repaired at Bowling Engineering (also in Bolton), and they were not only quick but also cheap!

Es

1 - 17 of 17 Posts