Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets keep the topic title as short and to the point as possible. This will really help in searching for answers. This is also not the place to post other issues, only repair procedures. Comments and questions concerning the repair are welcome
My latest project has been replacing the starter. Not much information on how to remove it in the repair manual so I had to muddle through on my own. After 2 days of cussing and swearing some blood sweat and tears I discovered the exhaust pipe " HAS " to be removed to get the starter out. This removal also makes it easier to get to the other bolts and wires too. 2 bolts can be removed from the front with a 9/16 socket. The last bolt comes in from behind and is a pain in the butt but can be removed with a socket, universal and an extension. The exhaust bolts have probably been on for 30 years so a wrench may not help in the removal. I torched mine off. One clamp on top, one at the converter and one at the cross pipe. This was the simplest procedure on the whole repair. Knowing all this I was able to remove the old starter from my parts car in an hour and a half.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts