Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a 2008 Phantom 6.75l v12, The problem i am having at the moment is the car is only running on 1 Bank (cylinders 1-6) and the other bank is down, i suspect the EWS has shut down this bank. Fault codes during the scan carried out are :
Engine Slave (DME)
2F44 : EWS (Electronic Immobiliser) 3.3 Manipulation Protection
2F44 : EWS (Electronic Immobiliser) 3.3 Interface Engine ECU - EWS

Any help would be great.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Unfortunately, the vehicle has to be plugged in, diagnosed, and repaired by a legit RR dealer. The complexity of these cars leaves little to the DIY'r.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
@Wraithman is, unfortunately, correct.

But this lets me get on my activist soapbox and tell everyone that they need to let their various legislators know that they support "right to repair" laws. Many automotive manufacturers are making it impossible for anyone but their dealerships to fix the cars they make, not only when new or for, say 8 to 10 years, but perpetually because they will not release the information (including electronic diagnostic software) necessary for independent shops or DIYers to do it themselves. We all know what happens once a model is no longer current or of interest, even the dealerships don't keep around much of the stuff necessary to repair these cars, particularly rafts of antiquated electronic equipment.

Right to repair laws get the information out there for independent repair shops much earlier, and some are also trying to push for a standard OBD system across marques, which we did have for a very long while (and, if you look at the scope of the specification, still could have) with OBD-II.

While I'm perfectly happy to let the dealerships have some "period of exclusivity" prior to mandated release, they should not have it perpetually. They don't even attempt to keep "backward compatibility" with cars that have been out of production for over 10 years, and we all know that most 10 year old cars remain on the road. My daily driver is a 16-year old Toyota Solara.

It makes me both sad and angry that Bentley has not done with IETIS for the SZ and Seraph-Arnage era cars precisely what it did long ago for the hard copy workshop and other manuals: publish them for free download. Try finding a Bentley dealer that has a tech who's ever touched an SZ era car at this point. There are a rare few out there, but most look at an SZ like it's an alien brand. SYs have it even worse, at most dealerships, but at least those of us who own them have full access to all the maintenance documentation (formerly exclusively from the RROC-Australia Post-War Technical Library but now also through the Bentley Heritage Technical Library).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts