Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

Rolls Royce Phantom 2006 reliability owner review

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JP_Corniche 
#1 ·
The question is about reliability... this my second Phantom 2006, kept them always inside my garage, most service done by me or a Good BMW mechanic. 15000 miles
Suspension issues, front going down after few days, dealer estimate including service around $19000, problem found was a small leak on top of the air bag, the line had a small scratch on the quick connector, then the windshield water jets were not working, the pump replacement was $390 at the dealer, we located a BMW OEM on ebay for just $12, installation took only few minutes. The oil service kit BMW cost us $89 dealer wanted $1900. I love my car, paid wholesale for the first one 2006 two tone blue and gray interior, entertainment, 7000 miles $169K sold it few years later for $150, no issues just normal maintenance, the second one also a 2006 back edition, 13000 miles, entertainment, refrigerator, diamond black purchased back in 2016 for $118K.. get better attention than my new Porsche GT3, $250K..
*my garage floor is always clean, no fluid leaks! my old 1986 RR Corniche was always making a mess.
*Keep always a battery maintainer connected, this way your electronics will last for ever.
Car cover inside a garage a must.
Air conditioning is simple and reliable and efficient: Florida, car is black in and out.
Radio and phone integration is excellent. voice activated instruments also very practical.
The only bad part is the visibility all around, rear camera is now antiquated, front cameras are useless.

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess these issues with main dealer prices are pretty much standard across the range of Premium motors. Similar situation with Jaguar and Land Rover.
But maybe slightly more extreme prices difference on the Phantom?

stick some pics of the car up them. i am sure we would all like a look?

#3 ·
My Mini dealer charges $165.00 an hour labor. I had transmission issues and they told me the wiring going into the trans had fluid leaking out of it. Quoted $1800.00 to fix. My indie shop said it just needed a seal, total cost was $175.00. Find a independent RR/B shop. Dealers are set up to sell service and most service writers get commission.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.