Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I joined the forum because I am a documentary film-maker and I have recently finished a film about Rolls-Royce for the BBC here in London. It's called 'The Maharajas' Motor Car' and it's the story of Rolls-Royce in India.

I had such a fantastic experience working on the film, mainly because all the R-R people I came across, both in India and UK, were so enthusiastic and friendly.

Anyway, I hope that some of the UK members might be interested to see it when it airs on Sunday 8 March at 9pm on BBC Four. There's a short trailer for it on youtube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtfehEM1g7g

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rolls Royce India

Hi Patrick,

Welcome!!!

Good to have you on board. Just like you, i'm new to here as i have just purchased my very first Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II (RRSS2). I'm well excited to seeing your documentary as i too i'm indian, but born and live in the UK.

I'm trying to take in as much information about RRSS2, as the kind chap i got it from had it for 20 years and he looked after it really well. So i would like to follow in his footstep and hopefully have the car for another 20 years and take extreme care of the RRSS. So any information would be most helpful.

Look forward to seeing the programme and talking with you.

Vim (Leicester, England)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Patrick,

If you ever get wind of any of the PBS stations (or any other stations) in the United States picking up your documentary, please post again.

The trailer looks fascinating, and what I already know of the history of RR in India is quite interesting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rolls Royce in India.

Can't wait to see the whole finished article. My favourite car In my favourite Country, other than England of course. I love India.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts