Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a RR grill on my Bentley when I bought it. I now have that grill on ebay and found out that its not possible for it to fit the years I put it down for. What is the difference between the 1959-62 RR grill and the 1962-65 RR grill. I need to clearify before someone trys to buy it. Cecil..........

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Cecil,
The radiator grilles are, indeed, different. The grille fitted to the Cloud 1, from 1955 to 1959 was the tallest as the bonnet line, when looked at from the side of the car, is parallel with the floor. When the Cloud 2 was introduced, it was made with a slightly sloping bonnet line which meant that the grille is not quite as tall. When the Cloud 3 was introduced, the bonnet line sloped even further so the grille was not as tall once again. Hope this clarifies things for you.
Kind regards,
Chris

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ceicil
Out of curiosity I looked up the parts lists for the Clouds. For Clouds 1 and 2 the part number is given as UE1341. For Cloud 3 it is UR5740.
This would imply that the Cloud 1 and 2 grill assemblies are the same, which is probably what you have.
Leho.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Advice that you put in advert "I have been told that this is for.........."

Probably finish up on a bedroom wall anyway....

·
Registered
5 Posts
The grille shell for the Silver Cloud I and II is identical, which is why the part number is the same. The Cloud II in no way had more of a sllope to the bonnet. The Cloud III, however, did, and as a consequence has a grille shell that is less tall. Full stop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts