Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolls Royce and Bentley Concept designs

Over the last 20 years there have been precious few flights of fancy, concept cars from Rolls Royce or Bentley. I would like to look back at a few and ask you the question if there were to be a brand new Rolls Royce on this occasion concept car what would you like to see?

Long ago Rolls Royce built the chassis and the engine and coachbuilders did the rest producing a wide variety of different bodies and designs akin to a tailor made Saville Row suit as time has gone on this happens less and less which is a pity. The Hyperion and the DCA Rolls Royces being the most recent all new body examples. www. worldcarfans.com/1080717696/the-baddest-Rolls-Royce-you-are-ever-likely-to-see www. conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z15446/Rolls-Royce-Hyperion.aspx

Bizarrely unofficial Bentley concept cars designed by students and freelancers are fairly rare when it comes to Rolls Royce design projects it is a barren wasteland until this year when Jeremy Westerlund designed the Apparition a car that is extraordinarily large and has the Chauffeur sitting on top like an carriage and horses. www. autoblog.com/photos/Rolls-Royce-apparition-by-jeremy-westerlund/

At the moment I am working on a design for my own Portfolio and I to am called Jeremy and I would like to answer the questions what is a Rolls Royce and what should it or could it be. Is it all about luxury, is it about being the best car in the world, is it a drivers car or a chauffeurs car, classy or just flashy? Clean sheet of paper what sort of concept would you appreciate most?

If we look at Rolls Royce history there are plenty of style, engineering and tradition to draw on but in your opinion what were the best bits what's the future?

The concept I am working on is about trying to answer these questions and you will see it in the coming weeks in the mean time I want to kick of a bit of heated debate about what sort of new Rolls Royce would set fire to most peoples desire?

I look forward to your thoughts!

Regards Jeremy

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First of all thank you admin for deleting this from the wrong forum second of all I left gaps between www. and the website address because the other forum I am on live links are banned, never entirely sure why but there we go novice errors but I'll settle in soon, apologies for the early goofs and thank you for your patience with me.

Anyway debates and opinion is what I am after having said this I am aware from meeting RREC members strong opinions about designs past or present is something expressed very discretely this is why I am mainly interested in what people think a future/dream Rolls Royce should be like.

Following those links should provoke some strong opinions about what we hope to see in the future.....

Ferrari have the Enzo and the new P45, Bugatti have the Veyron, Aston Martin have the 1-77, Lamborghini have the Reventon, the question is if Rolls Royce were to produce a special, a halo car, a million pound extreme, ultimate version what would it be like? :?:

An ultimate Rolls Royce does not need to be a racecar or a 2 door supercar or a 250mph top speed, the question is though money no object what form would it take and what advances would you like to see that would set it apart? :?:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok a poor start I was looking for some feedback posted this in the wrong forum then reposted. Made a few mistakes and then possibly alienated people.

So I'll start again a fresh sorry folks anyway since I last spoke my computer had to be rebuilt the Rolls Royce design was not lost.

If anyone would like to find out more simply contact me and you can get a preview so I can get some feedback from the people that matter most the enthusiasts.

I realise the qusetion I asked is a bit broad but I would be geniunely interested to hear you thoughts, no doubt Rolls Royce themselves would be interested to hear what you all hope for in future models.

I look forward to your comments and messages and I think some pictures are in order soon now that the PC is back together. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts