Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for used parts source. Car is in great shape except for some elect' problems with door and window switches. Just starting on the project so need any and all advice.

Thanks Much
Theom

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Theom,

For used parts download the Rolls-Royce & Bentley Parts, Repair, Restoration & Other Resources Compilation I maintain and go to the "Used/Vintage Parts" section.

Also, be sure to read Richard Treacy's Window Lift Improvement Article and pick up a copy of The Shadow Owner's Companion by Jon Waples.

Joining the Rolls-Royce Owners' Club and buying a copy of From the Shadow's Corner, a compilation of technical articles over the years by now deceased Shadow guru Cal West, would be a good idea as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brian,

Thanks much for the info. Wonder if there is a book titled "Zen and the art of RR restoration"? After looking through the electrical schematics in the factory manual I am reminded of a quote from the instructions that came with a Chinese bicycle for my grand kid "Assembly require great peace of mind"

Onward,
theom

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I don't know about Zen and the Art of Rolls-Royce Restoration but I'll bet "Rolls-Royce Restoration" is in the top ten on the 1000 Uses for Valium list!!

Brian, who heartily believes that ownership of a Crewe-built car "require great peace of mind."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts