Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me just be honest and say that I had never really looked much at Bentleys before. The British cars I knew from infancy had names like ' Morgan' and 'Jaguar,' ' Triumph.' Bentleys were just re-badged RRs, and RR's were big lumbering things... :? ( you must allow someone to make their discovery and fall in love.)

My father raced Triumphs and we were taught all our fun driving skills in these things. Later I did the same with Volvos. Alas, time has passed, I simply do not have the time to tinker or play. I have one 93 245 remaining, that continues to give me outstanding service.

I began looking for something different, newer. One day my eyes rested on the Bentley Arnage.:eek: An absolutely LOVELY car, and probably the most lovely Bentley ever IMHO.

It still looks like sedan, is RWD, and by golly, I can still see out of the thing even though its a big car. I'm a 5'1" woman and vision is important. The seats fit me. The car has character, even if it is now saddled with things like traction control. The boot is so big its like the 245 wagon, and the car smells like leather which brings reminds me of things British and, yes Swedish..

However, there is reality in this. :roll:

My cars aren't garage ornaments. I drive them, whatever the make and I expect them to go through pretty much anything I need them to; rain, dirt roads, snow, the odd field. Never abusive, I just enjoy driving the cars I like and I want to take them where I am driving. The Arnage needs to be happy to do this without much grief , just regular servicing.

For me, these days this would be about....7k a year tops. split between the 245, and, of course, the Arnage if I cough up the change for one.

I am looking at 2002 - 2004 Arnage Rs - I seem to feel the most comfortable with those. I could slightly older or slightly newer, but for really new, I would have to have had one for a bit and had it be very good to me.

I hope you all are willing to guide me in my purchase and then I can talk all sorts of Bentley techo geek stuff you rarely get to hear from a woman on Bentleys, or any car for that matter.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Here's your belated welcome CaesoniaF! Sorry its so late!!

Let us know how the search and purchase goes. :D

BTW you have a private message...:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stirling said:
Here's your belated welcome CaesoniaF! Sorry its so late!!

Let us know how the search and purchase goes. :D

BTW you have a private message...:)
Oh..THERE you all are. I was wondering back before Thanksgiving what was going on, as there I was exploring the Arnage of my Uncle's neighbor.

I expect I will pull the trigger in the spring, unless something spot on shows up before. I am dealing with real estate, and simplifying life in that regard. I am just gone far too much.

I'll take a peek at your message tomorrow, and see what we can see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts