·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
446 Posts
Replacement key Turbo R 1993

I have set the ebay guy a message asking if he can do my Turbo R. It's a normal key and my locksmith can't help me. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Got this reply back from him in that he hasn't got the blanks for Bentley Turbo R and I've got to try main agent. Will try.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I know that at some point in the 1990s the SZ keys went from being the long used regular Yale key to something else, but if your car is still using the Yale key the attached article should help.

Lots of these blanks are no longer made because demand is so low, but there are tons of mom n' pop locksmiths who have these key blanks sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

One of the locksmiths close to me in the Shenandoah Valley, Jenkins Security, used to have them and very well still may. I believe they will do mail order duplication if you can send them the key to be duplicated, but you'd have to check. Also, the Yale key code is marked on the original keys (or was at one time - you can see it on one of the keys in the article).

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
No my key has slots on both sides but I had very positive reaction from main agent Jack Barclay and after sending them my ID and ownership requirements they said they will order from factory for me!. Will update status.
Encl. Photo

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great news, Main agent came up trumps.£33 pre cut and works.
I too have had one of these - it's a good price (same price through Flying Spares) and factory original. All they need is the chassis number.

Apparently this is the case for any Crewe made car going right back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Found a shop that has some Bentley Key Blanks.

A fellow that I go to for key cutting and cobbler has some old stock of key blanks for Bentley. He checked if one fitted my car and was pleased to find out it did.I own a 1990 Bentley Eight and he has cut 2 spares for me.He only charged me £15 for the 2. £2.50 for one blank and £5 to cut one.He is based in Chadsmoor near Cannock,Staff's.
Well pleased I dropped lucky there. :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
A fellow that I go to for key cutting and cobbler has some old stock of key blanks for Bentley. He checked if one fitted my car and was pleased to find out it did.I own a 1990 Bentley Eight and he has cut 2 spares for me.He only charged me £15 for the 2. £2.50 for one blank and £5 to cut one.He is based in Chadsmoor near Cannock,Staff's.
Well pleased I dropped lucky there. :)
Sounds really interesting - are they the sort with the square plastic bit you hold (quite small) with a small chrome badge on either side? I've been looking for one of these if they are.

·
Registered
760 Posts
HI Mr Malt

The key you are looking for is the rolls dealership key replacement.
I lost my keys a couple of yeara go and once id was verified ordered a set of keys, one valet key and one master, both with additional inserts for each side of key with RR, I suspect additional as the keys were probably the same for Bentley.

Good huning, ps two sets £100

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hi All
£100 Ouch! , did you ever find them?
Just as a note the cutting is the same it's just the warding thats different between valet key and master ok
Mike
ps off to Chadsmoor in the morning!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hi All
Got my key today £7.50 ! Thanks Graham :)
From G.B shoe repairs 237-239 Cannock rd , Chadsmoor ,WS11 5DD 01543467997
Said he has about 6 left
Garry nice helpful chap
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just come across this on e bay and thought it may be helpful http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131015292398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 He can cut a replacement key from the lock number which apparently is on the glove box lock if you take off the back cover, I snapped my original key in the boot lock and had to call out a locksmith which cost an absolute fortune but I had to get home.
Graham
Hi I have a Bentley 8 .1990 I lost the keys I cant get it started and I cant get the tyres of to fix a puncture any one help

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi I have a Bentley 8 .1990 I lost the keys I cant get it started and I cant get the tyres of to fix a puncture any one help
They are not complicated locks. The locks at wheels are just like in some office furniture. It can be opened and made by any locksmith. The problem with other keys is that many car locksmiths do not have raw keys for RR/Bentley. They must be identified in catalogs and ordered from producer. I bought my raw RR7R there: Home - Zieh-Fix.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts