Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, has anyone put their eyes on the remote control ECU? Manual indicates that it's in the luggage compartment behind the right side panel. I removed the carpeted panel covering the inside of the right side quarter panel and it's for sure not there.

Mine is a 1998 Brooklands R vin # 66038

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, this is useful. I was looking mostly at the quarter but I removed this panel as well and there was a mobile phone module there but i could not see an alarm module. I will take a much closer look

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you sure that you have those module in your car?

I just took a look at 1998 Brooklands electric diagram, and I believe there is only single main central lock/alarm module mounted inside the car, at the top of central console under upper fascia?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sorry to poke my nose in again but I suspect that because your car is so late it is like the ECU unit that I had superseded from Bowlings. (No batteries and fobs linked to this ECU box,boot unit redundant) Yes I did have a remote receiver in the rear wing but that was removed by me and redundant now. Bowlings didn't even want it.
Suspect you gave something for an early car,it's no good to you as its just a zapper really.(Get refund)
You need to send in the ECU located under the rolltop. Maybe someone in the USA does them but thats the way forward. That Check Gearbox fault I found was alarm ECU related.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adam the box is correct for the vin range specified. I will take the dash apart as soon as I get a chance. Right now the big challenge is getting to work on my cars which are in a building not attached to my house.

·
Registered
134 Posts

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts