Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help
I am going crazy. I have a little rattle coming from the rear when I go over a little bump. I sounds little something is loose and bumping onto the frame or floor. The car had some rear suspension work done by I am not sure a capable shop. Any Ideas. I got under and could not see or feel anything loose.
Also it is a 1973 Silver Shadow.
Thanks a Bunch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Noise in car

Hello, I used to have a similar noise in the back of my car, so I divorced her.

On a serious note, I'll ask around for you. They are known for a suspension clunk, but this sounds more of a rattle & less of a clunk. Is that correct?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello

Have you got a good hold of the wheel (3 and 9 O'clock and also both hands at 12 o'clock [not at the same time!]) and tried (with some violence) to pull and push the wheel about to see if you can feel 'the knock' with your hands?

Hey... Its not uncommon for the wheel not to be tightened properly. Done it myself on my own car once and I even (just today) was speaking with somebody who did the same last week.
The noises you get into the saloon from a loose wheel (or poorly adjusted bearing) can sound just like a knocking shock.

Just a thought.

Cheers... Rob.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know exactly what your problem might be but my situation was this. Sometimes small objects like a toy or screwdriver/tool falls between the rear backrest and coushion. That could be it or maybe not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts