Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
My radio and heater controls are so dim I cannot see them in daylight. Has anyone solved this problem? Would be grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks
Jonathan

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
103 Posts
(I had the same challenge)

Are you driving with lights on during the day? Then there is a setting on the display that brings the lights to maximum power even when you drive with your lights on. You have to turn the little chrome knob to maximum as well.

Let us know if it worked...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(I had the same challenge)

Are you driving with lights on during the day? Then there is a setting on the display that brings the lights to maximum power even when you drive with your lights on. You have to turn the little chrome knob to maximum as well.

Let us know if it worked...
Hi I have tweaked the silver knob and also the radio expert menu but it makes no difference, I don't drive with the lights on during the day. I know the heating display is the same as a BMW 5 series but that is not much help,!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi
No I haven't tried that, will give it a go!! Many thanks.
Hi Grease Donkey,
I tried re-setting the LCD's in the options menu but it didn't seem to have any effect. The displays are fine in the dark but once the car is in daylight they do no brighten up. Maybe there is a light sensitive switch somewhere.
Cheers
jonathan

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
103 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
in my 05 Arnage the displays became permanently brighter with the display light option from the LCD menu and the dim light switch fully turned.
I'll check the exact procedue I've used and post an update. Might take a moment or 2 tough....
Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Jonathan,
in my 05 Arnage the displays became permanently brighter with the display light option from the LCD menu and the dim light switch fully turned.
I'll check the exact procedue I've used and post an update. Might take a moment or 2 tough....
Cheers
Thanks Grease Donkey.
I have to say I was nervous when scrolling through the LCD menu, worried that if I hit the Rolls Royce / Bentley display my car might suddenly morph into a Rolls Royce. But when I got to LCD Dim display I hit the cancel button and it went red so I hope I did the right thing. I take it the dim light switch is the instrument light switch, the little silver knob-that is turned as far clockwise at it will go.
Is there something in the roof console that tells the car if it is night or day? I cleaned the lens in front of the mirror but that did not do any good.
V frustrating!
Cheers
Jonathan

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
103 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
yes, it's the small silver knob which I meant. I'm not sure if the dim setting in the LCD needs to be on or off. Maybe you can just try to toggle to the other setting....
I'm not aware of any day light sensor. Potentially there is one for the Nav-System, but that's certainly not connected to the remainder....
The one infront of the mirror is likely only for the mirror.
Sorry that we couldn't solve it yet.
Cheers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jonathan,
yes, it's the small silver knob which I meant. I'm not sure if the dim setting in the LCD needs to be on or off. Maybe you can just try to toggle to the other setting....
I'm not aware of any day light sensor. Potentially there is one for the Nav-System, but that's certainly not connected to the remainder....
The one infront of the mirror is likely only for the mirror.
Sorry that we couldn't solve it yet.
Cheers!
Thanks Will toggle again!
Cheers
Jonathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jonathan,
Cheers
I have this problem also, a bit uneducated here but can you please tell me where the LCD menu is?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
Arnage T MY 05
103 Posts
And an even better one

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had same issue on my Arnage red label but I accidentally fixed it. On climate control panel you may see 2 windows on left and right side. Seems that photoelements are located under these windows that adjust brighteness of climate panel. If you close them with your fingers you may see that climate control panel become brighter. I just gently knocked on this area and it becomes work properly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts