Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have recentley joined for an elderly friend who does'nt do computers
:cry: He is attempting to change the head gasket on a 1980 Bentley 8 with fuel injection, The question is .. Does he need to time up the fuel injection pump before the removes or will it be pre-set ?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Uh, something's wrong here.

The Eight is an SZ series car not introduced until 1984. The Bentley T was produced in 1980, but I believe the only fuel injected models were for the California market (if any were produced at all for that market).

If this is indeed a Bentley Eight under discussion your question would best be posted on the SZ series forum. It is also very handy to know your model year and SZ Series Shorthand Chassis Number as the fuel injection systems used changed during production of the Eight and not always at a clean model year break.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jonny,

Apart from the year/posting etc, In any of the fuel injected cars there is no need to lock or time up the pump afterwards.

The distributor should go back in the place it came out of. (rotor pointing the same way).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guyslp said:
Uh, something's wrong here.

The Eight is an SZ series car not introduced until 1984. The Bentley T was produced in 1980, but I believe the only fuel injected models were for the California market (if any were produced at all for that market).

If this is indeed a Bentley Eight under discussion your question would best be posted on the SZ series forum. It is also very handy to know your model year and SZ Series Shorthand Chassis Number as the fuel injection systems used changed during production of the Eight and not always at a clean model year break.
Sorry my mistake :roll: its a 1989 non turbo with fuel injection. Thank you Paul, i will put this to him :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts