Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1988 Silver Spur's right rear window will not go up using either it's control switch or the driver's switch. I removed the right rear interior door panel looking for the control module (which is where the dealer said it would be). There is no control module located in the right rear door. While trouble shooting the rear window, the driver's window started doing the same thing. Now it too will go down but not up. Where is the master window control module located? I would appreciate any assistance.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Here is a suggestion. Look up www.rroc.org.au. In the Technical Library under Silver Spirit you will find the parts list. This might give you a clue as to where the module is located.
Leho

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no "window control module". They are are energised by a relay. These cars are notorius for slow window operation because of the small wire gauge. There is a relay retrofit proceedure using the cigerette lighter feed for the rear windows and can be adapted for the front windows with a feed directly from the fuse panel. If they don't work at all, it could be a failed motor. Sometimes lubricating the window drive system will get them to work again, albiet slowly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, that is a great fix for these cars. One note though, the relay mentioned in Richard's conversion(Bosch 0 332 204 122) is no longer made. The Bosch replacement is 0 332 209 152.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts