Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Think I may have found a reason for this. Try again?

Kevin
This was posted under Firefox using the "Quote" feature and it's the first time since all this began where I instantly was popped into the "Reply to Thread" window without a single hitch.

I will keep an eye on this over the next several days and report back if the issue crops up again. I really like to keep my "car stuff" running under Firefox and it was a pain to jump browsers just for this forum but replying with quote had become so bad, and often caused Firefox to crash, that I gave up.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, it's not quite dead. I'm now not getting an entire "Crash and Burn" from Firefox after receiving two dialogs and long periods of "(Not Responding)" but I am still getting one dialog.

I just responded to the distributor belt thread using Quote, and received the attached error dialog and brief Firefox freeze (but no full "Not responding") before I could type in my text.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Will clear cache and cookies later, give another try, and report back. Just not at the moment.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Will clear cache and cookies later, give another try, and report back. Just not at the moment.
Done, and the "dead script" problem is still occurring and just did again for this thread when I quoted my last response.

·
Administrator
153 Posts
hey there!

this is a shockwave crash that has to do with unstable flash plugins on your browser. id uninstall flash, do a disk clean up on your computer end, do the cache clear, and possibly reinstall your browser.

does this issue show up in chrome, firefox, etc? let me know. this script failure is more then likely a flash issue, ive seen it before.

let me know if the above fixes work for you

~Shane

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Shane,

I have uninstalled Flash (which was the most current version, but I know how that can go), Shockwave (which Firefox disables anyway), did a shutdown/restart, reinstalled Flash and will keep observing over the next several days. This reply went without a hitch, but unquoted ones do and have been doing so.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hey there!

this is a shockwave crash that has to do with unstable flash plugins on your browser. id uninstall flash, do a disk clean up on your computer end, do the cache clear, and possibly reinstall your browser.

does this issue show up in chrome, firefox, etc? let me know. this script failure is more then likely a flash issue, ive seen it before.

let me know if the above fixes work for you

~Shane
There has been at least one change, now rather than consistently getting two Firefox freezes (usually long) along with their two corresponding script error dialogs I am down to one Firefox freeze (brief) and one script error dialog.

I just tried posting something new (which I did not complete, it was to test what happened when I tried a new subject) and to reply to this message using quotation and precisely the same script error dialog appeared. Even though it is the same screenshots from both are attached in case I missed something.

Attachments

·
Administrator
153 Posts
alright,

the next thing I would suggest is next time it comes up. could you click the debug script button and see what it shows you. if I can see the code, I can properly distinguish the issue and check with other server admins on our end to further look into this.

we will get this sorted out for you.

let me know :)

~Shane

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
alright,

the next thing I would suggest is next time it comes up. could you click the debug script button and see what it shows you. if I can see the code, I can properly distinguish the issue and check with other server admins on our end to further look into this.

we will get this sorted out for you.

let me know :)

~Shane
So, when trying to reply to this with quotation four script errors occurred, causing Firefox freezes of the "(not responding)" type with each. I'm not precisely certain how you wanted me to capture the debugger information, but attached are screen shots of errors 1-4 in the debugger.

This was worse than usual. Typically I've had two, at most.

Attachments

·
Administrator
153 Posts
So the fix that I applied the other day, I double checked and it had been undone. Don't know if on purpose or not. The issue is coming from the Drag and Drop feature on the site. Tech is looking into why it's causing the error, but until they figure it out I have disabled it once again.

So hopefully the error stops for you now. If it happens again, look to see if Drag and Drop is there again and let us know.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So the fix that I applied the other day, I double checked and it had been undone. Don't know if on purpose or not. The issue is coming from the Drag and Drop feature on the site. Tech is looking into why it's causing the error, but until they figure it out I have disabled it once again.

So hopefully the error stops for you now. If it happens again, look to see if Drag and Drop is there again and let us know.

Kevin
Well, this reply with quote went "smoother than a baby's bottom" and the drag and drop file attachment function is, as you say, not present. I will keep you informed as to whether anything at all untoward begins occurring again.

Brian

21 - 34 of 34 Posts