Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 1989 Bentley turbo r all my power windows just stopped working, have an so called shop manual ,but does nothing for me . anyone know where power window relay is or where they get power ,checked all fuses that i could find, manual says maybe some by steering wheel but can't get panel down (left hand drive)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on my silver spur there is some screws and it will drop ,but looks like Bentley did something else

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hi Catman
see relay 19 , this relay(see pic att) supplies the ground/earth for all the windows, should click when ign turned on ok
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Mike, will try and find it, wish the shop manual was a little better, i work on Jaguars and the British never were any good on wiring dia

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
found the screws (only two) second relay doesn't click , took one out of the rolls and still doesn't click , course it may be bad too ,raining so can't pull another for now

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Try linking it out like in the picture inset of relay 30, making sure that you have the correct relay, they are usually labelled ok
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
trying to download diagrams , but checked for power at relays window lift dead , window latch power on 87

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Here is a link for the Electric Windows of your car http://rrtechnical.info/sz/30000/electrical/20.pdf i am a electrical engineer, with 2 RR, Spirit & Shadow, I have just finished installing a wiring loom in the spirit, give me a shout if you get stuck,
There are a couple of fuses for you to check, fuses normally blow before Relays thats what they designed for, check them first
Mike

1 - 20 of 37 Posts