Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have come into possession of an older 20's Rolls Royce, I am very interested in what I've got on my hands however I need some help in Identifying what it actually is. As Far as I can Tell The Chassis Plate On The Firewall Says "GR17" However It Is Very Oxidized And Hard To Read. The Car Is Green, 6 Cylinder Inline, and has Wire Wheels. This Car Has Been Sitting For A Very Long Time, Probably Around 20 Years And Has Been Very Neglected, However I Know There Is Still Value In Many Older Rolls Even In Very Poor Condition. The Cowl and Trunk Lid Is Still Present But Not Shown In the Pictures, The Glass for the Most Part is all present and not cracked, The interior is very overgrown but the seats have no rips or tears and the dashboard wood is in good shape considering the age. If You Could Please Give Me Any Indication What What Model This Is, Any History, Or Any Approx Or Point Me In The Direction Of Someone Who May Know, I Would Be Very Appreciative.

Any Help At All Would Be Greatly Appreciated
Ross!

If You Need Larger Pictures, Let Me Know!
PLEASE Email Me Direct At [email protected]

·
Registered
47 Posts
Examining the engine bay photo says this is a 20/25 model. From the type of carburettor it will have been built after May 1935 but before 1938 when the 20/25 was replaced by the 25/30, which has a different underbonnet look.

All chassis have a three digit prefix so GR17 is a missread. All chassis with GR were built with the previous type of carburettor.

The bodywork doesn't help too much in the identification because they were all custom made by third party coachbuilders, so one conservative owner may have an old-look body built onto a late chassis, whereas another may have gone for something more dashing in the earlier days.

Not very precise, but that is as much as I can glean from the photos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts