Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, My Silver Shadow 11 standard steel saloon is in the body shop at the moment having some cosmetic work done, wheel arches are being replaced and the complete car is getting a bare metal re-spray in the same original colour - nutmeg/brown. While the body shop has great panel beaters, spray painters & welders and the latest equipment they are somewhat dubious about applying the finishing hand-painted pin stripes on the sides. I'm toying with the idea of leaving out the stripes altogether but that would not be in keeping with the original spec and I'm not sure if the car would look bare or naked without them. There were 2 stripes originally, one above and one below the side mouldings. Anyone got any opinions regarding the absence of stripes or anyone know a good pin striper in the UK or Ireland? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Leave them off until you can find a competent pinstriper. Do not use tape stripes

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think it looks much better without. My suggestion is see what it looks like after the respray and then decide, don't rush it.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be right BentleyEight, I should have the car back in about another fortnight, it's almost completely down to bare metal at the moment and windscreens are removed. I'll tell them to leave off the stripes and see how it looks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts