Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on Bentley drivers, get some pics of your cars up there! Right now it looks like the RR fans are more enthralled with their rides.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The whole forum can be a very lonely place! We need more regulars. Problem these days is that most people that post in forums are already members of 5, and have little time for another, especially one that hasn't yet taken off.

I leave saturday to pick up the Shadow! Very excited, all the little things have been fixed including the heater/aircon and original radio replaced.

·
Administrator
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, its pretty quiet. On the other hand, this is really the only forum outside the RROC, RROCA and RREC club forums so we should be able to get some traffic. All you members out there - you must have friends with a RR or Bentley whom you could invite to join.

You must be excited about finally getting your car - hope it all works out perfectly. Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm back in Germany with it!

On the 700 mile run it devoped an exhaust blow which sounds like it's coming from the middle of the car somewhere. And just before the journey one of the brake pumps started making that noise they make, which is sort of tappety. It's common on these and everyone I speak to that is involved with Silver Shadows seems to have experienced it. Now I know how to diagnose it! The noises are really only evident at idle and low speeds, so I have still been driving and enjoying the car. I nipped over the Czech Border and got 20 litres of 98 octane petrol for about 77p a litre (British readers will be crying at this point!) I intend to make frequent trips the the nearby Czech Rep to fill up properly and indulge in some dodgy cigarettes to send to England, cheaper supermarket shopping, other Russian Mafia organised wares and of course eye up the very high proportion of beautiful Czech girls.

The minor car problems should be easy and fairly cheap to sort out. Apart from that the journey was problem free. Very smooth, quiet and effortless. What is slightly worrying though is that twice the starter motor has failed to engage and just clicks instead of starting the engine. It did it months ago and then did it again the morning after the journey to Germany. After lots of attempts the battery goes flat and needs to be jump started. After a few attempts with another car attached, it starts and then works every time for a few hundred miles.

Now I just have to shoe-horn it into the garage and then set about giving the interior a thoroughly good clean and the exterior a damned good wash and polish. I will do some pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts