Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I hope everyone is well!

Does anyone know if there is permanent 12V connection in the vincinity of the radio, that stays live even when the battery disconnect is off?
My new Alpine radio doesn't seem to have an internal memory battery, which causes it to reset everytime the disconnect is off - which is very annoying obviously!

Cheers

Esben

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Your radio wiring should always have an ignition live and a permanent live on the same harness. If not, I suppose you can run it from the fuse box but there should absolutely be no need.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your radio wiring should always have an ignition live and a permanent live on the same harness. If not, I suppose you can run it from the fuse box but there should absolutely be no need.
That I do, but I'm looking for a live wire that doesn't get cut by the battery disconnect (which I understand only disconnects partially, but leaves some circuits live).

Es

·
Registered
353 Posts
That I do, but I'm looking for a live wire that doesn't get cut by the battery disconnect (which I understand only disconnects partially, but leaves some circuits live).
I have this issue with original Pioneer... I though, that there was a broken battery. But while I fixed belts in it I did not see any battery inside :/

Anyway, before you will try to fix it, make sure you will not power up whole car through the radio...

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is a battery on your alpine Radio. I guess you have the 7618R, the same mine has.
Its located behind the front panel on the left side behind the volume knob.
Passive circuit component Circuit component Green Black Hardware programmer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts