Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

Paint & trim plate

19K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Leloarer 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me at what mean this numbers ?

On my Bentley & my RR, A3997 seems match with lather magnolia, but i'm not sure ...

Thanks by advance

See less See more
#4 ·
Many thanks, Stirling and bentleyman22.

@ Stirling ;
I thought dark blue was "Paint N°" 9510457 ...??

@ bentleyman22 ;
Who is Colin, i don't find him on the forum member list ?

Is there a reference for the color and the type of dashboard wood ?
I'm looking for it to buy pinic tablets for the Bentley.

Thanks by advance

Bernard

#5 ·
Hello,

I just found that ; http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/colour_codes_rolls_royce.htm

So, royal blue matches with "Paint N°" 9510457 for my RR
and midnight blue matches with "Paint N°" 9531007 for my turbo R

I presume, that the second number in "Paint N°" is paint color for two-tone cars ...

therefore, for trim;

the first number is the leather color, 3997 magnolia for my 2 cars,
the third one is the carpet color 98 dark blue for my 2 cars,
checked here ; http://www.rrsilvershadow.com/EKleur/Kleur5.htm

I presume, that the second number is wood color ???
What do you think about that ? :wink:

We go forward ... :D

#6 ·
Leloarer said:
Many thanks, Stirling and bentleyman22.

@ Stirling ;
I thought dark blue was "Paint N°" 9510457 ...??

@ bentleyman22 ;
Who is Colin, i don't find him on the forum member list ?
sorry it is jacko

Is there a reference for the color and the type of dashboard wood ?
I'm looking for it to buy pinic tablets for the Bentley.

Thanks by advance

Bernard

#8 ·
Hello, this is Colin.
It looks to me like the car was built with Mag hide as main & D.Blue hide, as a secondary colour, usually piping on a 73 as the dash was almost always Black Ambla though one or two were coloured.
Sorry I do not have a clue what the 98 is about but I will find out for you. It could be either Body colour or carpet colour.

There were two D.Blue colours, this one is a very dark blue, whilst A3209 as the royal blue colour. A3234 was a light blue, for those of us slightly colour blind it could easily be mistaken for grey.

#9 ·
Thanks Colin,

after other searches this afternoon, I'm now certain of what I've wrote on the last picture.

First number trim (in this case A3997) is leather color

Third number trim (in this case 98 ) is carpet color

I just would know what means the second number (in this case A4133).

And if it's not the wood color, where i can found the reference of the woods of my car to able to buy the right wood color pinic tablet.

Thanks by advance
Bernard

#11 ·
Sorry, i had not understood ... :oops:

Yes I have dark blue piping on the seats.

A light one for the Silver Spirit A4133
A dark one for the turbo R A4312

So where i can found, if exist, for the walnut burr ?

#12 ·
Hide & Veneer

So, I think we have cleared up the Hide & Carpet colour. I would guess that the carpet is D/Blue with Mag binding?

A for the Burr Walnut veneer. Each car was matched individually, still is. I can't imagine that you need the veneer replacing. It is usually just the Lacquer that fails. I have just had my wood renovated and I have to say it is perfect. As good as the day it was new.

#13 ·
jacko said:
So, I think we have cleared up the Hide & Carpet colour. I would guess that the carpet is D/Blue with Mag binding?
I'm not sure ...
My two cars have magnolia leather with dark blue piping, exactly the same.

But for second N°, I have A4133 for the RR and A4312 for the Bent.

On the other hand, the upper dashboard are different, black in the Bent, dark blue in the RR, and the carpet pipings too, so perhaps this second number is the upper dashboard color or the carpet piping color or the veneers...???

#14 ·
jacko said:
A for the Burr Walnut veneer. Each car was matched individually, still is. I can't imagine that you need the veneer replacing. It is usually just the Lacquer that fails.
No, Colin, I've no problem with my veneers.
I just want to add pinic tablets to my turbo R. I would like they are the same wood and the same color than the other car veneers.
It's why I'm looking for a veneer reference.
Perhaps it doesn't exist ...

In any case, thanks a lot for your help.

#17 ·
I have A4133 for the RR and A4312. Both were D/Blue, I am guessing different years.
The factory keep a sample of veneer for every car. I doubt very much if you will be able to have a set of tables to match. However, using RR philosophy, as they are in a slightly different orientation to every thing else, I think if you find a set at all you will be happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.