Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I really quite like the paint colour of my car somebody some time in the past changed the colour from navy blue to the mid blue it is now. I'm leaning to the factory correct colour camp while not being a rivet counter! i do like things to be right, I possibly feel it would add to the appeal (and possibly the value?) when the sad time comes to pass it on (not for many years to come I hope) The car is presentable enough for now but long term aim is for a full bare metal repaint. I'm just canvassing some opinions among you fellow enthusiasts as to what the market tastes are.
Best Regards Chris. 20190620_180235.jpg

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
At the end of the day it comes down to the quality of the paint work. A non-factory colour is perfectly fine. I would rather have a stunning repaint, even with a color change, than a poorly done correct color
You will find the factory offering over 12 blues in some years.
My latest RR was reported to have been ordered with a special blue. Turns out after checking the paint code paint, it was a catalog color called "Peacock Blue".
There were plenty of special requests turned into orders which can only be verified by actual build sheets. I do not think that special orders were given a paint number and then entered into a database and stamped onto the tag under the bonnet.
Another thing to be considered is the type of paint..single stage or 2k / base+clear. The clear often makes the car too glossy which would not be seen on a car of the era.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts