Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am still trying to figure this out, 8 years later!
I did at least find a phone that fitted the rear arm rest. So that’s 50% success rate.
with some renewed vigour on the success of my new drivers wool rug, I thought I would try again on this original phone. There’s an unbelievable number of different Nokia phones out there though. Having never owned one, it’s a bit baffling.
If anyone recognises this holder and knows which phone it takes, I would be grateful.
Or if there’s another 1996/96/98 owner out there who has a Nokia fitted, please let me know which model it is/ a pic?

Gadget Office equipment Gas Electronic device Auto part

Automotive design Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Auto part Gas

Camera accessory Vehicle Personal luxury car Camera Gadget

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware it may well fit a multitude of different Nokia phones. But I have no experience with Nokia, so I was trying to avoid randomly buying loads of different phones, hoping one would fit.
I was looking at how many different model numbers Nokia had, and it’s a huge number!
I will look at the 9300 though on your suggestion

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Ok thanks. Coincidentally I was already just on Wikipedia and found a list of all their last phones, importantly showing the market release dates. So I can try and narrow it down that way too. There’s certainly more than a few Nokia phones recessed even on 96/97.
A link here for anyone who may be searching too.

Font Parallel Number Pattern Rectangle

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I eventually now have the front car phone fitted. Into the original holder (the holder that was present when I bought the car anyhow. I don’t have any proof it was factory or dealer fitted).
after a lot of checking/ cross referencing/ measuring, I concluded I needed the Nokia 6100. It’s now fitted, it powers up correctly. I won’t bother with a SIM card, as I won’t be using it. But it’s there for the next owner. It is quite possible it was fitted later in the car’s life, as it’s a bit more modern looking than the rear phone. Anyhow.
Here’s pics of it fitted in case it’s useful to others searching.
Empty holder before.
Rectangle Auto part Fashion accessory Metal Electric blue

Now fitted.
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design
Telephony Telephone Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device

the rear phone is an older looking Motorola.
Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Tints and shades Automotive design

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
It only took six years to sort out this small detail…..

Reactions: hopeful2021

· Registered
1,860 Posts
In 1997, it's probably a Nokia 6110 if you're in the UK. I used to sell phones during my uni years (right around 1997) and this was probably the most popular phone on the market. Orange made a version called the Nokia 7.1 which was similar and there was also a Nokia 5110/ which had slightly less functionality but would use the same accessories.

It's a super well built phone that does a perfect job of functioning as a phone. I wish I could toss out my smart phone and go back to something like that.

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I agree, the 6110 is likely more accurate for 97/98. But the connection type is different to what is on the phone holder fitted on the car. We can likely conclude the phone holder was fitted in the early 2000s, rather than 97/98.
I learned a lot about Nokia researching this.
the two pics tell everything about the fitment.
Communication Device Gadget Gas Audio equipment Grille
Gadget Multimedia Magenta Electric blue Communication Device

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
This is what caused my initial confusion looking at which Nokia phones were available on 96-98. But seeing they all had the wrong connection to that found on my car. Hence I had to keep searching to newer phones, until I found one with the matching connection, that fits the space on the holder.

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes, I looked at the 3310. Again, another different interface for the data plug. So I had to exclude it from my search.
Mobile phone Communication Device Portable communications device Bumper Cable

21 - 33 of 33 Posts