Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which brand/ model was the original phone on my 97 model? Or maybe there was more than one option offered? I still have an ongoing issue that the radio seems to think the phone is off the hook. I have one phone holder in the front and one in the back (inside the arm rests). I thought if I can add the phones back in maybe it may help. Plus a period feature reinstated?

I am guessing it's a clamshell style phone from this year?

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just thought it may actually mention this in the handbook too? Since the other optional equipment is in there too.

· Registered
2,593 Posts
I think the car were pre equipped, then there was several phone option depending on the country.
Car wre pre equipped but the phone itself was an option, for 2 doors cars at least.

Jean

· Registered
424 Posts
Hi - my car is a 1996 from May that year - I say this because phones are the sort of thing that were changing all the time. I attach an image of the original phone when it was removed from the car temporarily. It beeps through the speakers when you turn on the ignition and, presumably would work if I obtained a SIM - it is a GSM phone so I was thinking about getting a pay as you go SIM. Has to be on the Vodaphone or Cellnet (O2?) network because that phone only works on the wavelength those networks use - Orange is a different wavelength.

Attachments

· Registered
1,558 Posts
This car is a 08/01/97 and has 2 hand sets but only one sim card
my last RT 21/09/97 had one sim in the boot and a slot in the centre box for second sim both cars had Motorola but both different units
both cars used the when car phone is ringing radio stops playing and hands free takes over
on the RT with the same Radio as yours there was a control unit under the sky slope

Attachments

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and pics.
If anyone knows of a phone for sale, I may be interested.
Any idea how to get the ski slope up, (without damage).
I think I need to access this control box. I noticed the cable from the front phone cradle is not plugged in, as the cable is loose.

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I just found my pics from the other thread. I should have thought to look. The front phone holder says Nokia! So as suspected there are any number of different phones possible.
I still need to find a model number though, so if anyone here had a Nokia installed, I would be interested to know the model number so I can search for one.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Hi you need to unscrew the chrome surround to the door mirror Joy sticks
Then at the bottom where the seat control is you need to lift the Ski slope up it will be stuck to the leather have fun and take your time
It wont come up any other way

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Hi you need to unscrew the chrome surround to the door mirror Joy sticks
Ok thanks. I will try it.

My phone holder looks like this. regarding the 6310 Nokia, if you can compare the holders, that may help see if the phones are the same?

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you manage to see which Nokia phone would fit my holder?

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just read your post again and only just figured it out! I was looking for non existent screws. As in "unscrew". but realised you mean, rotate the surround to the joy stick.
I haven't looked at the car at all recently. But hoping to try soon.

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think mine must be a smaller phone that the one in your picture, since the space where my holder is would not take a long phone.

· Registered
116 Posts
Hi
Ive got a 98 Brooklands and that has the 2 phones, one in the front centre box and one in the back arm rest, they are Motorola phones. Ive stuggled to get them to recognise the sim (tried o2 and Voda) but may look in the boot after reading this as I was putting the sim in the front sim card holder, may just need to go in the back??? Does anyone have a working Motorola with 2 handsets?
Many Thanks
Andy

· Registered
1997 Bentley Turbo R LWB
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I forgot to take a picture but did look (honest!) and the ones in my car are made by Panasonic.
Ok thats fine.
So we have Motorola, Panasonic and Nokia. Pretty much every possible phone of the era, i expect?

Please, if anyone has a Nokia in their late Turbo R, let me know which model number it is. Then theres a chance i can search for the right one for my holder. Before i just start buying random old Nokia phones, just too see if they fit!

I even tried asking around some of the the RR/B breakers. Most of them didn't even get back to me (with such piddly little request, clearly not worth their while.)

As Spring is quickly (not quick enough really) approaching i will hopefully be able to use the car sometime, soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts