Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, British Racing Green
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘99 Silver Spur. The unusual thing about my car is it is a non-metallic British Racing Green in color. Blackwalls and no Everflex top. I am regretting buying my new Continental black wall tires. I think the car would look fantastic with some stock-profile 16” redlines. My wife says that would be pure sacrilege.

I put redlines on everything from a V8-powered Dodge Lancer wagon to my daughter’s 2006 Jag Victory Edition coupe.

I put Vogue tires on my black ‘88 Spur. What do you all think about the redlines on my current Spur? Bad idea? Good idea?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Redlines are period correct on a late 60's vehicle.
I think that you should spice it up and mount the gold lines that are more period correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Redlines are period correct on a late 60's vehicle.
I think that you should spice it up and mount the gold lines that are more period correct.
Yes I understand they aren’t period correct. And the gold lines are another possibility.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here’s a peek at my ‘88 that had the Vogues on it. They are gold and white as I am sure you all know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and I was really excited that I put 8ft LED tubes in over Christmas. Nice collection.
Don’t be too jealous. I sold that building a couple weeks ago and am now down to a three car garage that has poor lighting. So you’re ok!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Respect the bravery of driving and storing these cars on a plush carpet.

British cars: if its not leaking oil, there's no oil in it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Respect the bravery of driving and storing these cars on a plush carpet.

British cars: if its not leaking oil, there's no oil in it!
Hahaha—indeed! Applies to British motorcycles as well other than the new Triumphs. But seriously—that’s an epoxy floor in there with a few rugs scattered about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a ‘99 Silver Spur. The unusual thing about my car is it is a non-metallic British Racing Green in color. Blackwalls and no Everflex top. I am regretting buying my new Continental black wall tires. I think the car would look fantastic with some stock-profile 16” redlines. My wife says that would be pure sacrilege.

I put redlines on everything from a V8-powered Dodge Lancer wagon to my daughter’s 2006 Jag Victory Edition coupe.

I put Vogue tires on my black ‘88 Spur. What do you all think about the redlines on my current Spur? Bad idea? Good idea?
Scott here. I have a Bentley Eight and an eighty four Spur, and have had others. Given this era of Cars takes its bling from ss door surrounds and a front grill, its popularity has suffered some would say, due to being somewhat plain. To this end I argue that anything we can do to give these magnificent cars a visual boost is in all owners best interest, especially if it can be easily reversed. Enjoy your car and bling it up if it brings joy to you. It will probably bring joy to others too. Best regards.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott here. I have a Bentley Eight and an eighty four Spur, and have had others. Given this era of Cars takes its bling from ss door surrounds and a front grill, its popularity has suffered some would say, due to being somewhat plain. To this end I argue that anything we can do to give these magnificent cars a visual boost is in all owners best interest, especially if it can be easily reversed. Enjoy your car and bling it up if it brings joy to you. It will probably bring joy to others too. Best regards.
Thanks, Scott, for weighing in here! Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lovely setting and collection. I believe strongly in pampering our cars. They give us much joy and deserve every bit of pampered care. I actually call mine "The Classic Cave" and have built a "Man's haven" around them, surround sound, audio, video, drop down screen, bar, Jacuzzi, shower, parts storage etc. One can stay there and party as long as you want, surrounded by what I could fit there from my collection. I drive my cars and even race some of them, but at the end of the day, they go back spotlessly clean. Yes do enjoy them and do what makes you happy buddy.
Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts