Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've sold my 59 S2- and a house without a Bentley isn't a home.

I've been very tempted by late 80's early 90's Turbo R's- I like everything about them.

My question for those of you who have experienced the Turbo R and similar year Mulsannes or Brooklands or Eights is:

Is the ride spoiled in the Turbo R because of the suspension changes for "sporting handling"

I also own a 66 Citroen DS so I'm comfortable around Mineral oil, Spheres and accumulators. I know my Cit rides like a dream, but handles terribly.

IF the Turbo R handled just a little bit better than the Citroen it would seriously make me interested- if not, I'd prefer the magnificent ride on a bed of fluid and gas that an Eight or Mulsanne would provide..

Besides, handling is over rated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
knipdlo said:
Hello all, I've sold my 59 S2- and a house without a Bentley isn't a home.

I've been very tempted by late 80's early 90's Turbo R's- I like everything about them.

My question for those of you who have experienced the Turbo R and similar year Mulsannes or Brooklands or Eights is:

Is the ride spoiled in the Turbo R because of the suspension changes for "sporting handling"

I also own a 66 Citroen DS so I'm comfortable around Mineral oil, Spheres and accumulators. I know my Cit rides like a dream, but handles terribly.

IF the Turbo R handled just a little bit better than the Citroen it would seriously make me interested- if not, I'd prefer the magnificent ride on a bed of fluid and gas that an Eight or Mulsanne would provide..

Besides, handling is over rated.
If you go for a model after 90 I don't think you would notice any difference in ride or handling. pre 90 you would but whether it would be that different between the models is all personal taste. In the many late 80's early 90's models I have driven I have found them both to be perfectly acceptable comfortable. Wouldn't say the same thing for pre 86 models though

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
My 1997 RT is very good you don’t notice that it is Hydraulic and is 100% better than Citron
My last B was an 87 Turbo and that was the same
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts