Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bentleyman,
You really are being silly, if you think you want to be giving out sorry's to people you go ahead,

Ive simply put an experience that happend to me ref a french bin lorry and its english driver and a few members enjoyed the thread and gave their own wedding car experiences back,

If you do see my Bentley and decide not to say hello "thats your choice"
I myself take life as it comes,
But when i have to deal with someone who gets it into their head everything i have said ref my own Bentley and i do mean everything "from how my lights are the ones the car was built with and still adjust for right or left hand drive to what i didnt pay for my certificate of comform, and still im told its untrue, then im of the thought enough is enough,

As for you ! you decide on what you feel is best for you.

Regards Jansee

·
Registered
741 Posts
Time please gentlemen

Once written cannot be taken back

How many times has the written word been misconstrued and then there is no way back.
Check the spelling and grammer of most of my ramblings as an example.
To the untrained eye typos to my eye the retypos that I missed because of medication so my problem not yours but never the less open to opinion.

Write in haste repent at leisure
We all contribute and enjoy each others ramblings, but as usual without face to face it is open to interpretation, I class myself as British but why would we have an English website, have I as a Scotsman missread ?
Can I ask you all to shake hands and go back to the excellent dialogue and cameraderie I have truly enjoyed

Entente Cordiale

Best wishes and in no way trying to offend but I need your help with the rust magnet I am working on

Best wishes to all

:D

John

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hello motorman,
And well said,
I agree with all you've said, "you said" why have an british website"
and i returned this very wording by repeating to a frenchman "after all this is an english forum"

We should be able to talk to one another in our language without being told its not in their dictionary,

Im willing to shake hands with both .

And as you say this forum is about the ROLLS/BENTLEY CARS,

Well said you and from me thanks for your concern ref this one. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
208 Posts
weddings and cake

I took my '81 Spirit to Boston,Lincs, for the wedding of my eldest grand-daughter last November. Drove my son and the bride to the Tattershall Castle for the ceremony, but could not get closer than 150 yards to the entrance door, as there was a wooden bridge to cross. Bridge had a weight limitation of two tons !
The car turned heads all the way from the Dordogne/Correze area to Boston and back again. That was the icing on the cake for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Fireflyer,
Ive the Bentley eight and living here in dept 23 "limousin" france its in the middle of the countryside and most of the cars are citronen
and a lot of them are the 2 cv models still going happilly along the roads,
you do see the odd bigger stuff (tractors) and the odd merc,
So as you can imagen i turn heads and as this is my daily used car the locals see it offten,

Even the oil deliveryman looks at it when its in the barn parked up.

But having said this, it was a dream of mine from an early age to own a rools /bentley and know ive retired ive got one "and do i love it :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Rolls-Royce cars in France

Hi Jansee,
I retired to Correze 9 years ago and live about 8 metres from the Dordogne border. Our neighbours across the road live in 24, we are in 19. and taxes are a bit lower our side of the road.
In 2011 decided to give up flying and keep all wheels on the ground so after searching on internet, bought an '81 Silver Spirit from England.
I am having a lot of satisfaction from maintaining and driving it.
What year/model is your car?
regards David L.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
replt to high flyer "David"

Hi H.F.
the Bentley i bought is as i say the eight, and its a one owner job it had 24000km when i bought it and its a 1988 model.

As soon as I looked at the engine, the leather work little things like the fire extinguisher / the tool kit never used, etc it was then i knew this car had been a toy for the rich and only ever been chauffeur driven,

Its like new 'it really is.

I put in in for the french con/tech and it went through with no problems and the man who did the C/C said he couldnt believe the age of the car.

I know this sounds daft but i dont think at 65 "next birthday" I'll ever want to buy another car and i mean that.

The thing about being retired is that the milage i do now is what i want to do and not as a means of getting to work or the like,
I dont do a lot of milage as all the things i enjoy in life are here ie country life and pottering around the workshop, gardening & with 2 acre thats enough for any sane man, and the animals, 4 rescue dogs that all had a bad start in life but take a lot of my time up just caring for them and their needs,

Ive 6 classic motor bike i again "enjoy" playing about with.
Life after a life time of working couldnt be better.
Regards Jansee.

PS FORGOT TO SAY (the wife likes brocante's ie ladies stuff)
"you'll find me on the rusty counter " As she call's the tools and old bikes etc.dept. :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did another wedding for my niece in a Gordon Keeble. She got married in York Minster and the car was parked on the square outside. When they came to leave, I tried to put the car in reverse, the retaining spring snapped and the car refused to go into reverse. I had to get some bollards and two other cars shifted so I could drive out frontwards.

Paul
Good call there! Bollards are helpful in protection!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts