Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me the wiring colours or colour of the plug on there oil pressure gauge
my car is a 92 Eight but I want to change the outside temp gauge for oil pressure the wiring is there but the wiring plugs/ colours would really help.
I’ve looked at the manual and can see the wiring light wiring but not the gauges
thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oil pressure gauge:
Black-Yellow to the ground (but via instrument cluster)
Green to the +12V (from ignition F2/A7 fuse)
Purple to the instrument cluster.
Plug is probably blue. At least in 1990 model.
Anyway, I'm not sure, that in Eight there is pre-mounted oil pressure circuit :?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi thanks for your fast reply.
so I take it the gauge gets its feed from the sensor via the instrument cluster ??
hi I also not sure it’s pre wired but my Eight has the same gauge sender/ warning light sender fitted as per the R (confirmed Via flying spares) and all wiring terminals are used so gonna take the roll top off and see if I get lucky now I know what I’m looking for.
if luckily ill extend the wiring to fit where outside temp gauge sits.
if unlucky I now know whereto take my feeds from. 👍

·
Registered
385 Posts
so I take it the gauge gets its feed from the sensor via the instrument cluster ??
Yes. it is due to:
/a/ in older cars, there is pressure gauge in RR's four-in-one instrument,
/b/ in newer cars, DIP can display "oil pressure" warning.
The sender is connected to the instrument cluster through white "old" connector with green-light green wire.

hi I also not sure it’s pre wired but my Eight has the same gauge sender/ warning light sender fitted as per the R (confirmed Via flying spares) and all wiring terminals are used so gonna take the roll top off and see if I get lucky now I know what I’m looking for.
if luckily ill extend the wiring to fit where outside temp gauge sits.
if unlucky I now know whereto take my feeds from. 👍
(y)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I have picked up oil gauge Part number UD 71185. Can someone please tell me if the connection under the bulb is the live one or sender connection
thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok for anyone interested on my Eight {92}. There are the pre wired plugs on the loom for the oil pressure gauge and the battery volt meter.
They were just taped up next to the main loom.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi would it be possible for someone to have a look at there oil pressure sender and tell me how the 3 wires are connected-I have 2 greens {one lighter } and a red/white chaser wire but only 2 terminals but the connectors were brittle and the wires came off and I can’t remember if the 2 greens were connected together on one terminal or if a green and red/white were connected together

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you. -but in true Bentley style why on earth would I have a gauge light wire at the sender !!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts