Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 Shadow. During the holidays, heat was coming out of the left circular dash vent (as it should with the controls dialed in for heat), but cool air was coming out the right vent. Car is LHD. I have studied the factory manual & it seems to suggest the air source for the two vents is the same (either hot or cool). I am assuming there must be a different accuator for each vent??? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated (for what is wrong and/or how to correct it.)

Richard

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes there are actuators that operate the vents take the covers of and see if you can see them moving when you operate the controls
Heating systems on these are bar****

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!

Thanks for your response to my question about one of the circular vents on the dash blowing hot air & one blowing cold air (when heat is selected on a 78 Shadow). Are you saying there is an acutator for the left vent and an acutator for the right vent? You mentioned to removed the covers to see if the acutator is working. Could you let me know which covers & how to remove them? Please pardon my elementary questions. This is my first RR;I have been driving Jags all my life! Thanks also in advance for your time!

Richard Greene

1 - 7 of 7 Posts