Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have this feature enabled, and have had it enabled since I joined the forums, but it no longer seems to be working.

I've already double checked that my e-mail address is correct, and it is. I come back and look at the forums with reasonable frequency, but it was nice to get that automatic e-mail notification that something had been posted in a thread in which I'd been active.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if there was an intentional choice to discontinue that feature without removing the check boxes/radio buttons related to it.

· Registered
78 Posts
I get notices now. But at one point I thought something was wrong or maybe it comes and goes. Can't explain it. However getting the mails brings about more post and conversation. I'll go now and put the word TEST in a area where you have posted and you should get mail. When you do, post TEST and I should get mail.

· Administrator
571 Posts
Thanks Jeff and Brian for confirming this is finally working.

In my search for a solution to this problem I came across some new functionality that I can install: new thread notification.

It works like Topic Notification, but at a Forum or Category level. When a new thread/topic is started you receive notification of it if you have subscribed at the forum/category level.

Would this feature be of interest to anybody?

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That "new topic" notification would make it easier in terms of knowing when to give the forums another look.

I've become habituated to checking regularly during the time "new reply" feature was defunct, but it would still be nice to have.

· Registered
802 Posts
I think the "New Topic" feature is extremely valuable in achieving critical mass. Once the forum gets big (say, more than 5 new topics a day) a lot of people will turn it off, but at that point it's no longer so necessary.

I've seen smaller forums die out because they never achieved critical mass and people started to forget to check in.

-- Jeff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.