Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Good morning @Jim Walters :)... I made some new discoveries today.. I went throught the wiring diagram and checked my three relays at the firewall.. As you said the new Bosch relay is number 1 here. the fan and compressor relay.
What is interesting is that on W2 where the loose wire actually belongs is a solid pink wire!..
relay 2 is similar.
and on the servo isolation relay instead of the pink wire on C3 I have a white wire with a black marking.. ?.. I cannot see any WB wire at all involved on the wiring diagram ??

So when I wired my relays like they are supposed to and I turn on the battery the relay starts humming loud!.. and the fans start to move immediately, without the ignithion on run!. without any key!... when I turn the Ignition to run the fans stop but relay hums..

good thing is.. with the pink wire at the servo relay the servos move when I turn the wheel.. only one side works tho!.. when I change the modules from left to right its the other wheel. so I see that one module is broken.

Do you have an idea on what that WB white/black wire is ?.. and obvieously something with the ignition impulse on brown/blue is not correct.

· Super Moderator
1,458 Posts
White/black wire is an ignition feed from ballast resistor and shouldn't be there as far as I can recall. If a relay is humming that usually means a diode is blown, either in the relay itself if so equipped or the diode board. At least now you have some results so are getting much closer to getting the system working.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Jim.. and thanx everyone.. After I replaced the heater valve and cable I dug into the wiring again. It is super strange. like posted above.. there was this White black cable and also a yellow and green cable that I could not find in the wiring diagram of the whole ACU firewall plan with the three relays.
One relay was changed to a ford one. and the housing for the 30 amp fuse is new.
Other than that I rewired according to the plan.. and now have the yellow green and white black wire left over.. but alas.. heater works. all servos moving!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts