Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,
Bought unseen through an auction site, a nice "20.000" series Corniche just landed in my garage.

Issues :
  • ANTILOCK warning light stays on (found one blown fuse, no luck with a new fuse) ;
  • direction indicators do not work, although hazard lights work (fuses are OK).
Any suggestions ?

Any chance to switch outside air temperature from °F to °C ?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
substitute a new flasher relay or test your old one. They are thermal design flashers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help.
I’ve been working on the indicator issue : problem seems located within the hazard warning switch.
Switched 12V never reaches the flasher relay.

I’ll check for an "over-voltage protection" tripping the ABS system. (Car might have been jump started upon arrival in Europe ?? )

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
No overvoltage relay with fuse like on Mercedes.
ABS, it could be a sensor.
Start be cleaning each of them, front and rear.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indicators issue was with the hazard warning switch.
A good dose of contact cleaner solved the problem.

I guess the ANTILOCK warning light is a similar issue : will be addressed later.
I just removed the bulb to go through the technical inspection (required before registering the car in our country).

Two issues remaining :
  • no park brake warning light (bulb is OK when starting engine) ;
  • unable to understand how to activate rear fog lights (supplied driver's manual is not correct with the VIN).

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
park brake light : contact cleaner spray on switch

rear fog if original : you may have a separate black switch in the area under steering wheel, left or right

·
Registered
36 Posts
That’s a beautiful car. Thanks for sharing the picture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody,
Bought unseen through an auction site, a nice "20.000" series Corniche just landed in my garage.

Issues :
  • ANTILOCK warning light stays on (found one blown fuse, no luck with a new fuse) ;
  • direction indicators do not work, although hazard lights work (fuses are OK).
Any suggestions ?

Any chance to switch outside air temperature from °F to °C ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, beautiful car my friend. Im looking to buy one too. What auction did you purchase it? And not to be too forward, what did you pay for it? Smile 😃 Steven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts