Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jeff I'm a new member and currently have 2 Shadows, a 1971 RHD and a 1976 LHD LWB. The 71 Ive had for around 3 years, the 76 I just purchased this past weekend. I joined this group in hopes of learning some things and having a place to go for advice and assistance, as well as possibly sharing some things too.

I grew up around Classic cars of the 20's and 30's, my grandfather had a collection of cars. And so I've been blessed with driving some of the finest cars made in that erra. My love for Rolls Royce was passed to me from my Grandfather, and now I am fortunate enough to be able to enjoy them.

I look foward to meeting new people and learning more about all things Rolls Royce.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Welcome to the group Jeff, I think you're the first from Indiana.
Lovely pictures you've posted btw.

I think you'll find a pleasant community of enthusiasts here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome. I am a new member as well having just purchased my RR in Indiana this nvember. I am here for the same reasons you are here for and I am happy you are here.

Darren

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys, looking foward to learning more about these cars and just enjoying the hobby and the friendships. Here are a couple more pic's of the 71 and the only pic of the 76. I have not had a chance to do anything with the green car, yet! The pictures of Ellie (the white car) were taken in front of Old Fields, the former home of J.K. Lilly of Lilly Pharmaceuticals here in Indianapolis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you can see in the picture of the Green car from my previous post, there must be years of dust on her. The car has what I am told is a Rolls Royce "endorsed" sun roof. This was installed by a coach builder in France after the car was completed by Rolls Royce. The cost back then was said to be around $5,000.00 or around $20,000.00 today. It was installed verry well and looks to be original. I am just starting the research on this car and need to verify these things. I can get all the records for the car from the RREC in the U.K. However I just mailed my member app for the RROC today and hope to get the same info from RROC.

I think I have about as much fun doing the research on these cars as I do anything else. I really enjoy learning about them and digging up facts, figures and lore.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Jeff,

Build sheets for a car of your vintage will not be available for your car through the RROC-US nor the Rolls-Royce Foundation. See the Records Page at the RROC website.

The build sheet records are available for 1980 and later. The pre-1980 records the RRF holds are related to warranty repairs that were made for a given car (which can be fascinating in themselves, but aren't the build sheets you want). The chassis cards that the RRF holds are not nearly as comprehensive as the build sheets, which can be many pages long and nauseatingly detailed.

If you want the Crewe build sheets you'll have to order them from the folks at Hunt House in the UK. And unless Crewe arranged for the sunroof installation it's unlikely to be on the build sheets.

P.S. In that photo of the "Green Car" it appears to me that she's covered in moisture, not dust. It also looks like there's a light post-snow fog that pops up as temperatures warm slightly and the air's humid. Was that shot taken in IN?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Brain,

Thanks for your information on the build sheets I will go ahead and order them from the UK.

As for the picture of the green car it was taken in Indiana, and it was the snowy fog. It was dust from setting in a garage and not moisture. I was able to wash it this weekend and it cleaned up rather well. I try to take some more photo's and post them soon. I drove it for three days getting a "feel" for the car, I believe it's really going to be a nice car, and I think it's a pretty good platform to start with. This coming weekend I'm getting new tires, I found people talking about Hercules brand and what I found in researching them, I believe thats what I'll go with.

Thanks Again for your advice and input, it's greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts