Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is John. I joined this forum because I am soon going to be an owner of a 2006 Continental Flying Spur. It has about 9,000 miles. Can I have an insight or suggestions on what I should look out for? How safe are they? Has anybody had problems with them? Should I start shopping for a warranty? I would really appreciate all responses.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi and welcome
There isn’t much to say it is a VW and has all the reliability of one
Most of the bits come from the Phaeton there has been some trouble with Gear Box on the Phaeton but I don’t know of any with Bentley
All I would say is it must be cheap if not then go to a Bentley Dealer and get one with a warranty as £5000 can go in minutes if your getting it out side Bentley then take a Bentley man with you or a have it taken to Bentley for inspection
Good Luck and enjoy
Michael
8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think reliability is an issue with these cars, having worked in a main dealer and working on a lot of these cars.

Warranty is a must. considering that so many problems will result in the engine having to be removed to fix.

Overall it is a great car but like I say without a warranty you could find yourself in a lot of trouble.

Main things to look out for is electrical issues. Also consider that any one who would undertake any work on this car will need to have the necessary diagnostic equipment or they will have no chance. You cant even change the rear pads without the diagnostic equipment.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Matt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts