Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,

I am in the process of trading a Ferrari Mondial QV for a very nice '69 Silver Shadow. If this deal goes through, as planned, I will have a million questions! And if I've learned anything about car forums, as I have restored many other interesting marques, there is no end of good advice from the members. I see no reason to doubt that the RR&B Forum should be any different.

So, with that minor introduction, thank you for letting me join your community.

-rick lindsay / houston, tx, usa

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Hello Rick,
Welcome to the forum, its great to have you join us.

I'm interested in your thoughts on the Mondial. Enjoyable? Reliable? Was it a cabriolet?

Regards,

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Hello Rick,
>. Welcome to the forum, its great to have you join us.

Thank you. It is my pleasure.

> I'm interested in your thoughts on the Mondial. Enjoyable? Reliable?
> Was it a cabriolet?
>
> Regards,

The Mondial is a great, if unloved Ferrari. It has the 308 drivetrain and performance, if a little heavier, with the addition of two little back seats. And like most 2+2s, the seats are tiny and should really be read: 2 passengers + 2 bags of groceries.

My Mondial QV is a coupe' and is my second Ferrari. My first and all-time keeper, is a '79 308GTB. It is just incredible!

I bought the Mondial QV because the price was right (below wholesale) and needed only TLC. Now, a year later, it is really, really nice and good trading material for an equally nice Shadow - if the guy accepts the deal I have offered. If he doesn't, I'll go else where in search of a fair trade. :)

The car is a drive-anywhere reliable vehicle. The electronic ignition and Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection eliminated many of the components that cause reliability issues in earlier cars.

So again, thanks for the welcome. As you can see, I am verbose, a classic car restorer who believes that old cars are history and therefore deserve preservation, and I like to share my technical skills.

regards,

rick lindsay, in hot-n-steamy houston

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Mondial Rick. I had been a fan of them in the past but their bargain-basement prices caused me to take notice. Then I saw a red cab 3.2 recently that looked pristine and I was really impressed.

Maybe someday!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, and sorry I've been so tardy in responding.

First of all I wish to report that since my last post, I have bought the '69 Shadow and will take delivery in about a week. The PO is replacing a leaky hose in the rear hydraulics before I take delivery.

Pictures at www.aubard.us/RR

Some of the links are broken because my FTP was intermittent. I'm working on that.

On the previous topic; I have sold the Mondial QV to a friend so the car is staying in the 'family'. The 308GTB's restoration is almost complete. Same with the SIII E-Type.

-rick / houston

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Friends. I thought I would take a moment to share the details of my 'new' car. The Chassis number is SRX6826 and is a '69 Shadow. Color is Sand over Sable with tan interior. I take delivery later this week. WooHoo!

-rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts