Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm just about to take delivery of a 1974 T1 Bentley and am getting nervous just in case there is something the previous owner hasn't mentioned.
Anyway thats buying cars unsight unseen,I guess I will just have to wear what ever arrives.This car was imported in to Australia by Lord Portarlington so has lived all its life in Australia,the irony is I was his Lordships sometime chauffeur many years ago so this is the story of the chauffeur buying the boss's car.I look forward to talking to you all later.

Barry

·
Administrator
508 Posts
Barry, thanks for joining us. That's a great story about the car. Post some pictures when it arrives.

We look forward to getting to know you and the T1 better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Hi,Yes well the car was worse than I expected the previous owner had really let it go and had I have inspected it I probably would not have bought it,so there is a lesson to be learnt inspect before you buy whatever condition the advertiser mentions.Anyway currently its having a major brake overhaul and the transmission has had some work ,it will need a visit to the auto electrician as the windows do not work and panel lights.When that is completed it will have a back to bare metal respray and the interior will have some attention including new carpet.So there you have it I paid $A10,000 for it but really it was only worth wrecking value of about $5000.Photos I'm too ashamed to post any so wait till its finished and then I will.

Barry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts