Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Royce and I am from the east coast in the U.S. I actually do not own a rolls or Bentley. However, I have come a cross a 1937 Phantom III that has been in my family for 3 generations and had lost itself for quite a number of years.

I am seeking information as to how to ID this more than the little I know. I have a couple muscle cars, and from what little I've read the vast amount of information to be had about Roll's is surreal. Are there any books you can recommend, or anything.

What could all of you tell me as to what to look for in this car. Also, what is a reasonable expectation to pay to have this restored. Can I do it myself?

As you can see I have lots of questions and look forward to networking with all of you!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Royce,

I would strongly advise you to join the Rolls-Royce Owner's Club (USA) [www.rroc.org] and begin asking questions about potential restoration there.

I know of at least 1 member who's still in the process of restoring a P-III and there are others who have done it as well.

I am not trying to belittle the Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums in any way. I just know that there is a great deal of expertise in exactly the sort of adventure you're considering undertaking within the RROC. The cost of even one year's dues could save you much heartache and expense.

Doing a restoration on any RR is not for the faint of heart or light of pocketbook. You do not say what style of coachwork is involved or who the coachbuilder was, and this can make a *big* difference in the ending value of the car after restoration. If it turns out that restoration is not feasible, there exist enough people in RR circles looking for parts that you could definitely find a buyer for the whole car or parted out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts