Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can anyone tell me what this hose does.
Diameter of hose like small radiator hose but larger than heater hose
When I put scope in it and looked around looks like something a liquid would flow through. Could it be a drain for the windshield cowl and does the cowl ever get clogged. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That is a drain. Squeeze the end of it and it will open to release whatever debris is inside. There is a matching one on the other side. Do not take them off, since the release clamp is hard to get to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. There doesn't seem to be anything there
I took an air hose and blew through and had no flow restriction. Now I'll look on the other side for the other hose. The ac hose works well so life is good. It's a Florida car lots of condensation when car is driven for hour the carpets get wet. Noticed when rains it's worse. Wonder if rain entering through cowl doesn't drain as planned and water comes in from clogged drain.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Remove the cowl vent. You will find a deep well that will most likely have debris that has collected. Vacuum the area and then blow thru the 2 holes at the base of the well. Your condensate and rain that collects is not draining properly.

·
Registered
554 Posts
In addition to the clogged cowl drains there is also a tray below the evaporator that has a drain tube going through the floor under the ACU, this is to drain water that drips off the evaporator to the ground under the car. I often see them clogged or deteriorated and wet carpets are the result. Part catalogue page (catalogue search)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank so much. I did exactly as suggested lots of leaves cleaned area out . I'll try it out and see what happens

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much. I replaced it 2 years ago and the car always ran great. Happy accident. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts