Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, on my 2007 Azure, I'm getting mineral oil leaking out from the lid of the reservoir. We just had the rear springs replaced so I suspect it accidentally got overfilled. A couple of questions here. One, is it designed to overflow from the cap? I wouldn't think so, but I'm not an expert. If it's not supposed to do that, then I think I need to replace the rubber o-ring gasket that's in the lid. Looking at mine, there's a flat side that's up against the cap and the other side of it has a bit of a groove in it. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be there or not. I'm having trouble finding the part number or a source for this gasket, though, so does anyone know what it might be?

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the oil level is correct (see manual) then there should not be any overflow even if the o-ring is no longer 100% tight. The level in driving mode is almost 10cm underneath the cap. You would need to be cornering very hard to have fluid spill upwards through the strainer.

To get air out of the hydraulic circuit the car needs to be driven a bit BTW. Turning the steering wheel helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts