Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that my '84 Spur had a Mercedes D-Jet fuel distribution unit installed by a prior owner. I'm considering converting this car to a MegaSquirt timed injection system. I've seen this conversion accomplished on MBZ 450 engines with great results. Does anyone know if this has been accomplished on a Rolls, and if so, what were the results. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just to be sure, it is D-Jet and not K-Jet that is fitted?
K-Jet (or CIS) is mechanical Injection, as the post 87 cars were fitted with here in Blitey.
If it is D-Jet, then the previous owner has done an awful lot of the hard work, which is as usual the mechanical job of getting the electrically operated injectors into the manifold and piping it all up (I would be interested to see some photos of this installation, just for my own edification). The fuel rail system must be interesting.
The rest of the Megasquirt installation should be straight forward. You will need to buy the kit for the electronics and assemble it, though I bet you can buy it pre-built (or sometimes you see them on Ebay).

Cheers... Rob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rob! My bad....It's k Jet (CIS). I'm presently working on converting an M110Mercedes with CIS in a 280SL Euro. After I finish her I'll move onto the Spur. I plan to use the injectors out of an '94 or later Silver Spirit which I understand are quite reliable. I'l keep you posted with photos and reports as the project comes to life!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts