Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone any idea of the type of hose that should be ued for the low pressure hoses in the hydraulic system in a 1972 Silver Shadow.
The hoses are UR14201, UR142502 and UR15848.

I have looked at the chart in the Repair, Restoration and resiources and it suggests that any EPDM can be used. However, after a few weeks these appear to be swetting.

It is possible that the hoses i have been given are incorrect and not EPDM, but what should i be asking for?

The Castrol product information states 'Castrol RR 363 is formulated for compatiblity with neoprene hoses used in these Rolls Royce systems and other elastomers used in conventional automotive braking systems '
So will neoprene hose be satisfactory?

Thanks
Leigh

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the Australian RR forum there are some folk who know about hoses and will explain the technicalities, but if you buy them from Introcar or Flying Spares you will get the right ones anyhow.

Alan D.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Brian has an excellant resource page. Link below. The low pressure hoses...are you referring to the supply hoses and return hoses? Hoses with a Jubilee clamp generally indicate lo-pressure. Match up the id and make sure it is brake fluid compatible.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I'll also note that every hose I have in that chart is one that's on SRH33576, including EPDM heater hose as the gravity feed line to the pumps and the return to the reservoir. As I noted, this is commonly available heater hose, the same thing used to feed coolant to/from the heater core.

They don't sweat, so if yours are, something's not right.

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
If the hoses in your car are sweating it's likely that SAE 30 R7 fuel hose has been installed which is the wrong type of hose to use. It will break down internally and contaminate the hydraulic system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the hoses in your car are sweating it's likely that SAE 30 R7 fuel hose has been installed which is the wrong type of hose to use. It will break down internally and contaminate the hydraulic system.
Thanks. I will get them off asap and flush it through.
Thanks .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts