Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post this up as it is an amazing bit of kit fitted to my car for just under £25
I also bought car stickers for door glass warning that tracker is fitted awesome

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vehicle-B...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-CAR-A...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The fitting was surprisingly easy I just had to find a location for the tracker that was not surrounded by metal to allow communication with GPS and mobile cell network.
thinking big picture yes I am giving away location of device etc but more interested in helping folks protect their cars
Once you purchase the bit of kit you will need to get hold of a sim card. I opted for giffgaff sim and pay as you go top up, I put the card in to an old phone registered it and got the top up done and got the phone number, then installed in to the device, all pretty straightforward.
Installing dropped the fuse box cover and earthed it to the self tappers to the left of the cover. the +ve feed I found easily using the light switch button bottom left unscrewed and pulled out found the live side and connected to that. (you don't need to connect up to a fuse as it has its own inline fuse) I then ran the cables along the air duct. Decided to locate to the right hand side of the glove compartment I( removed the three screws on the panel and prized open to aid with positioning the tracker, hey presto job done. To communicate with it all you do is text to the mobile number smslink123456 and back comes the GPS location and a link to google maps showing the location of the car awesome.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
This information is invaluable for those looking to fit such a device.

That being said, at least here in the USA, our cars are not popular nor frequent targets for theft, whether newer or older. They're just too conspicuous for a thief to even get much of a joy ride in, and most looking for a joy ride are looking for sporty cars to do it in.

It may be quite different in other countries but it's worth checking with your automobile insurer or any entity that compiles theft statistics by year, make, and model to see whether this is something worth fitting where you live.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts