Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the same problem with a 2001 Arnage. Manuals seem to go for between $300 and $600. No one seems to sell them for less. But I have followed a few "auctions" on ebay, where the bidding seems effectively to stop at between $25 and $50! At that price gigantic amounts of shill-bidding seems to cut in, ensuring a price of numerous hundred dollars each.

If you cross-check, the buyer always has ultra-low feedback and I discovered recently that you can check all his 'recent' bids to make sure he only bids on those particular manuals and others being sold by the same sellers!

Invariably the same manuals re-surface onto the market after a few weeks, when the process starts all over again.

I think if you are desperate, the general idea is that you'll think they are worth $600 and pay it. The laws of supply and demand are suspended on rare enough parts, even when no one should want one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem with a 2001 Arnage. Manuals seem to go for between $300 and $600. No one seems to sell them for less. But I have followed a few "auctions" on ebay, where the bidding seems effectively to stop at between $25 and $50! At that price gigantic amounts of shill-bidding seems to cut in, ensuring a price of numerous hundred dollars each.

If you cross-check, the buyer always has ultra-low feedback and I discovered recently that you can check all his 'recent' bids to make sure he only bids on those particular manuals and others being sold by the same sellers!

Invariably the same manuals re-surface onto the market after a few weeks, when the process starts all over again.

I think if you are desperate, the general idea is that you'll think they are worth $600 and pay it. The laws of supply and demand are suspended on rare enough parts, even when no one should want one!
that you for your feedback, very helpfull

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, I am waiting for a real seller to surface! This is not a desirable part. Everyone who wants one should have one, This is the sort of thing Rolls owners take care of, they dont wear out, and sellers should want for buyers! Not the other way around.

You could try making a realistic offer to a seller but they seem pretty intent on getting their prices which they spend so much time carefully nurturing through all these carefully set up false sales.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts