Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 silver cloud rear passenger side door would only open from inside. There were 2 sliding switches above the latch. I brightly pushed them both down. Now I can't open at all. Have pulled up on drivers and rear buttons to no avail.
Any suggestions?
Also, where should the jack be stored? Do not have an owners manual and can't see where it fits.
Bob A.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
If you have a 1991 model year, it's definitely not a cloud, but since it's a sedan a Silver Spirit if short wheelbase or Silver Spur if long.

It would really help to have a photograph of what it is you tweaked from the door on the opposite side of the car.

See the attachements to see if any of the information regarding the door locking mechanism in these three documents helps you out.

Not knowing the SZ Chassis Number Derivation from VIN, I can't guess as to how the boot/trunk was configured as far as jack stowage and I don't have a copy of the Owner's Handbook. Most USA delivery cars have a well under the carpeting, and it's usually pretty obvious where the door to same is as it's leather edged in the boot lining.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
The jack is likely stored in the same location as my 88 Silver Spur. If you open the trunk and undo the circled clips, the jack will be stored on the shelf behind that piece of carpet (where the arrow is pointing). Your toolbox, butler's gloves (!), and other stuff should also be in there as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch, Windyweekend. I suspected that might be the case but I have two (yes two) alpine cd changers filling up that area. Guess I have a decision to make. And as was pointed out, my car is also a silver spur. Just one or two (or three or four) more problems. Now I have to start lookiing for butler's gloves.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Now I have to start lookiing for butler's gloves.
If yours is like mine, they'll be stuffed in the back. Unused. Maybe if he'd put them on once or twice my steering rack would be in better condition now than his shoes....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts