Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I really need your help. I recently bought a bentley arnage, last night the alarm went off and the car was locked. I tried to get in the car or unlock the car with my buttons and the physical key but the car would not unlock and the alarm would keep going. After about a hour the alarm stops ringing.

To sum it up, the arnage is locked and the batteries are dead. I cant use my keys to get inside the car or access the trunk. What do i do? Call a locksmith? Any recommendations? All help is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can't use keys to access trunk? How about the cab of the car using key?
If you can Use key to turn lock to open the car area where the driver sits. Buy your self a OBD2 Tender/charger. It sends a small amount of current via OBD2 port should be enough to pop the trunk via the button.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I also found there is no rhyme nor reason surrounding what does or doesnt open that trunk. But the driver's key should open it and some combination of taking the key out of the ignition, pressing the button on the dash and turning the key in the trunk lock usually works.

Dont press the button in the trunk too quickly. Once power has been restored, you can hear a whirr if you leave your finger on the button.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any joy on this ??
It seems both batteries (or at least the Left-hand 'House' battery) went flat, and by this time (2 months) will be toast.
A locksmith is your best bet. Probably by lifting the lock rods with some kind of fishing rig.

I did see a Youtube video of someone Dremelling a rectangular hole in the trunk behind the number plate, and I think Al has mentioned someone cutting a hole in one of his car's boot floors ? (That is plastic, so should be easier). Both drastic solutions though, and still not easy to reach the battery connectors.
If you need to work on the Alarm box, it's under the hood, right-hand side of the car just in front of the windscreen. I think you need to remove the 'Hot Box' (ventilated black box with the engine computer etc in it).

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can charge the battery or jump it by connecting to the large battery cable under the LH driver's footwell. It is here that the junction to the starter cable and other devices is bolted. Remove the rubber cap to access the junction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts